Free Professional Writing Courses is my self-help guide today, so you have the craving to learn to be a writer. Get started at no cost to you with my resources in this article, you can accomplish any of your goals through Gizmos Resources.
“Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and the only thing you have to offer.”
– Barbara Kingsolver
“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by that time I was too famous.”
– Robert Benchley
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through the link.
“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them. ”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Professional Writing Courses
There are so many directions you can go in a career in writing, you can start your own website similar to Gizmos Resources. The reason I went this route is that I was searching for a way to help people just like you, and what other way to reach the most people in need than on the internet.
- Writing Courses Berkeley X
- Professional Writing
- Academic and Business Writing
- The Art of Persuasive Writing
- How to Write a Novel
- Grant Writing
- How to Write an Essay
- Writing and Performance Poetry
- Writing Successfully for the Stage
- English for Journalists
- Business Writing Techniques
The online courses in the list above are more for advanced writers, what you want to do is start with basic writing courses before taking any of these more complex ones. You will find Educational Resources for beginners in my next paragraph, I would recommend you begin with these instead.
Free Blogging Writing Courses
Blogging is an awesome way to perfect your writing skills, and you can even earn income by promoting companies through their affiliate programs. You will more likely not become wealthy, but why not get paid while you learn by starting your own online blog?
- 10 Free Blogging Tools That Will Make You a Better Blogger
- How to Start a Blog-7 Day WordPress Blog Challenge
- 30 Day Blog Transformation Challenge
- Start a WordPress Blog Website Today
- How to Write an Engaging Blog Post
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Self-Hosted Blog Using WordPress
- Create a Beautiful Blog or Website in 1 Hour
- The Beginners Guide to Guest Blogging
- Learn to Write Blogs That Earn Real Passive Income
- How to Monetize a Blog
- Browse Free Blogging Courses
Depending on your interest any of these could change your life, you will find these are all freebies. Beginner-friendly and can get you started on the right track, you first will need to build your website, so this is a good place to start. WordPress is what you are on right now, and this is what professionals use in all the business industries online.
Book Writing Courses
How many of you have ideas for writing books, you could write children’s books as just one example. I have talked to many professional writers who got started this way, and as you gain the skills you can advance to bigger challenges. These do cost you a very small investment, you will find most of them are less than $20.00. The more complex you go the more the investment, but really for such a low price why not at least browse what is available.
- Writing for Children
- How to Write a Great Children’s Book
- Writing for Children Course
- Children’s Books Profits
- Writing Irresistible Picture Books
- How to Write a Faith-Based Book
- How to Write a Children’s Book
- Children’s Book Design
- Publish Your Children’s Picture Book; Step-by-Step Guide
- Browse Over 7,000 Writing Courses
Writing children’s picture books is a great way to get started, if you browse some of these books there is very little writing involved. You just need to learn the basics of how to put it all together, and that is where these low-cost courses come in handy. Very seldom does Gizmos Resources promote anything that costs you money, but being these are awesome deals I included them in this self-help guide.
English Grammar Tutorial
Whenever I spotted this free online course, I just knew this was something many of you could use. Knowing the most common mistakes will make you a much better writer, so that inspired me to tell you a little about this opportunity.
If you find lots of mistakes in your writing, discover errors after you submit or post something, and find these sometimes undermine how others perceive you and your message, this course can help you prevent common errors in your writing.
That’s why I created Grammar Sampler–to solve this problem and help your writing achieve credibility. I also wrote this course to give you the best of both courses–Common English Grammar Mistakes and How to Fix Them & Commonly Confused English Words and Phrases in one course for FREE!
Maryann Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
Great lectures for beginners and/or for old-timers wanting to brush up on grammatically correct terms in everyday language. Test yourself here and you may find that you may actually miss a question or two along the way.
It might be fun to include a much more difficult “Grammar Test” for those of us wanting to see where we need to improve.
Online Writing Classes
Instead of online courses, maybe online classes would interest you? That is what is coming up right now, and guess what these are all Freebies from Skillshare. This website is for people into creative topics, so if this sounds like you, this might be the best resource of them all.
- Copywriting for Beginners
- Creative Writing
- The Writers Toolkit
- Novel Writing for Beginners: First Draft
- Storytelling 101; Character Conflict, Context, and Craft
- Writing for Self Discovery; 6 Journaling Prompts for Gratitude and Growth
- Creative Writing Bootcamp
- A 10 Day Journaling Challenge
- Write, Film, and Content People Will Share
- Create Your Own Shareable Web Series
- How to Make a Podcast
- Screenplay Writing
- Content Editing, Copyediting, and Proofreading
- Write Truth with Style
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writing
When you help others along their creative journey, it’s rewarding in more ways than one. By Teaching on Skillshare, you can grow your online following, give back, and earn money. Top earning teachers make $100,000+ each year. This is a great opportunity if you have the skills in the creative field, maybe you are retired or planning to in the near future. Why not get started building your Business now, who doesn’t need extra income especially if you are no longer employed?
Writer Skills Guide
How many of you are not sure what skills you require to become a professional writer, that is what I am going to share with you right now? Before you can gain the skills you need, we must know what they are to choose the best online courses and classes.
- Effective Research
- Choose Your Specialty
- Keep Your Writing Simple
- Stick to the Topic
Now, this guide provides you with the basic skills the majority of writers will need. Able to communicate with your readers with words is a good place to begin, that is where basic writing courses and classes are awesome free and low-cost resources for writers.
Choosing Your Specialty
Actually, you must make the important decision about what you want to specialize in. I chose self-help guides simply because it allows me to help people like you, here are some things that I used to find this was what topics I wanted to focus on.
- What are you interested in providing your readers, maybe you have a passion to write home decor and gardening articles. Choose this carefully, you will be writing about these regularly long-term.
- Focus on a specific topic, home and gardening goes together and relates to what your readers will be interested in reading about.
- Depending on the above will help you develop your style, you would not want to be filling your content or book with jokes and riddles when you are focusing on home and garden.
- Will you be writing books, blog posts, or something else? This also is something I considered myself, since I am lucky enough to be creative, I chose to design my own website. Others promote their writing in other publications, so researching what options you have you must know.
- Reading other authors or bloggers can inspire you, if you are an avid book reader you are more likely will be the most interested in writing your own books. Reading blogs or website content is something you enjoy, then you might decide to design your own website instead.
Some writers that are professionals just can’t do everything on their own, so this really applies to authors writing their own books. You might need to create a team, so this is another thing to consider. Another free resource for inspiration is Pinterest, there are all types of writers and authors with boards for you to explore.
Free Writing Tools
Every writer no matter where you decide to put your skills to use needs the right tools, you are going to learn in this paragraph some that are freebies writers use. This will complete Free Professional Writing Courses, you are the reason I am motivated to keep writing my self-help guides.
- Hemmingway Editor
- Grammar Lookup
- Free Word Processors
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages for Mac
- Libre Office
- Dropbox Paper
- Focus Writer
- Calmly Writer
- Zoho Writer
- Free Book Writing Apps
- KDP Wizard
- Kindle Create
- Free Apps for Bloggers
- Frye Box
- Hubspot Blog Ideas
- Portent’s Idea Generator
- Website Grader
- Private Policy Generator
- One Look
- Free Mind
By no means are these all the free writing tools, but these are some to get you started on your new career. If you have the passion, you will succeed. Using many of the resources found on this website alone can get you started, thank you for your support, and know you are the reason Gizmos Resources is important to me.