With the bad boys and girls online our computers are in threat every day, so to help you I am providing you with the Best Free Malware Removal Programs. Many of you starting an online business really can’t afford to pay for this service, but this is a great resource for those of you in need of home computer protection as well.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. Some of the links on this website do receive a small commission from your purchases, but many of them are just valuable resources to help you.
What Is Malware
If you didn’t click on my link in my opening paragraph you really should, I have included an article from WikiHow on How to Remove Malware with four different methods. Gizmos Resources makes it a point to provide you with the best information I can find, and this is one of my most reliable sources for helping you solve many of your problems.
- A Software used to damage your system to work improperly
All the ones shared on the list above are types of this software, so now you have a better idea of what you are up against. This has become such a terrible problem there are programs to remove these from your computer, and that is what this article is going to help you with today.
Malware Warning Signs
Before you are able to remove any of these, you first need to be aware of the signs your computer has been infected. Some of you more experienced users might know this, but for any newer users, I am going to share what you need to be watching out for.
- Your computer will become extremely slow operating for you
- Crashes may begin happening more often as time goes by
- Error messages will become way too common
- Removing software will be a problem
- You will start experiencing more pop-ups than normal
- Annoying advertisements not related to the content
- Experiencing ads on websites that normally don’t promote them
- Unfamiliar toolbars might appear in your browser
- Icons unfamiliar to you on your desktop
- A new browser appears out of the blue
- New tabs on your browser open unexpectedly
- Your home page might keep changing randomly
- Emails sent that were not written by you
- Battery life runs low more quickly than normally
Now by knowing some of the most common things to watch out for you are wiser, and this can help you to understand your computer has been infected sooner rather than later. Some people will invest in a brand new computer thinking their computer needs replaced, so this really is important information for you to be aware of.
How Your Computer Gets Infected
Knowing what things you might be doing online can prevent your computer from being as vulnerable, so that is what is coming up next to help you protect your computer better. Often people with Business websites or blogs are more vulnerable, but even everyday people are receptive to this type of software.
- Free illegal downloads are very good sources to be aware of. Online games and movies are two to stay away from, so ask yourself are you using any of these types of websites?
- Another vulnerable source are websites where you are able to download files
- Pop-ups you click on can infect your computer without you even realizing it.
- Clicking on ads on websites that you visit
- One of the most common for almost everyone is clicking on emails sent directly to you
With the information I am sharing with you we can be more careful, but many times without thinking you can infect your computer unknowingly. Emails that arrive in your inbox you are not familiar with should never be opened, but curiosity often tempts us with clever email headings.
Malware Prevention Guide
No matter how careful I am, even I have been infected by some type of malware from time to time. When you are researching and writing articles, you can catch one of these viruses simply by being on a website that is infected. Many times you have no idea the website has malware on it, but here are some ways to protect yourself to experience fewer infections.
- Computer software kept updated is very important to keep your computer healthy
- Non-administrative accounts are safer
- Take more time checking carefully before downloading and clicking everything online
- Email attachments and images are one of the most common ways we get malware
- Pop-ups encouraging you to download can be malware in disguise
- File share only when necessary to cut down your risks
- Using antivirus software is recommended, even if you are not able to afford paid services consider one of the better free versions.
You really are getting an Education simply by reading my article, and that is the priority of my website to help you with good resources and information. For your convenience, I am going to provide you with the top-rated free antivirus programs.
Free Antivirus Program Guide
Remembering when I started out a paid antivirus was not in my spending budget, so I do understand you also might be in this situation yourself. That is why I am going to provide you with the best ones recommended, you deserve to know what your best options are and that is what this website is all about.
- Avast Free Antivirus is the top-rated program
- AVG Antivirus is a very close second choice you can consider
- Avira Antivirus is rated as number three
- Bitdefender Free Version
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Microsoft Window Defender
Even though I probably should keep my mouth shut, you deserve to know I used to use Microsoft Window Defender. This did not protect my computer, and I had to invest in getting HP to clean and remove all the viruses. Even though this is on the top list, I would consider this as my last resort if it was me.
Avast Academy Guides
Maybe you are thinking about checking the best-rated free antivirus resource, and even if you are not they do provide you with free guides. This is still an awesome source to get valuable information you can trust, here are a few of the guides you have access to read.
- What is Malware
- The Zeus Trojan
- How to Detect & Remove a Keylogger
- How to Remove Spigot from Mac
- What is a Rootkit and How to Remove It
- How to Detect and Remove Spyware From an iPhone
- What is Malvertising & How Do I Stop It
- What is a Logic Bomb, How to Prevent Logic Bomb Attacks
- What is Scareware? Detection, Prevention, and Removal
- How to Remove Spyware From a PC
Visit Avast Academy if any of these have you curious, you can trust the information on this website. It is a highly authoritative antivirus resource according to Google, so if information is what you are in need of, this just might be a good place to start researching?
Best Free Malware Programs
Are you ready for what you have been waiting to find out, I appreciate you being patient and reading all the information before reaching this paragraph. you really have been provided good guides to know more about this software, so I really do feel it was beneficial to share it with you.
- Avast Antivirus is on the top once again
- Bitdefender moves up to second on the list for Malware programs
- Avira Free Security Suite
- AVG is another highly rated program
You could go with any of these for the best antivirus and Malware protection all in one. It just happens the programs on this list are also on the best free antivirus list as well, now you really have a much better idea of how to protect your computer for free.
Best Paid Malware Programs
Even though this article is focusing on free programs, I am going to provide you with the best-paid ones as well. Maybe you are paying for protection and are curious if you are using one of the better choices, so that is the reason I included this as well.
- Malwarebytes Premium
- F-Secure Safe
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Actually, the paid versions are affordable. If you are on a fixed budget or just starting an online business this just might be more than you can spend at this time. Honestly, I don’t think these programs understand everyone does not have the extra money they can spare per month.
Free Student Antivirus
Guess what I found for you students, you have access to several antivirus programs at no cost to you. Parents with children in college should really consider one of these, now let us see what is free for you.
- BullGuard Antivirus
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware
- ESET’s Nod32
Here you go students and parents, you might be surprised how many of these there actually are? I stumbled upon these while researching the Best Free Malware Removal Programs, now even your child can be protected without them or you having an extra expense. I am really happy with all the resources provided in this article, and if you are happy as well feel free to leave me a comment.