The Best Free Book Publishing Software is my topic to discuss with you today, just like artists and photographers, writers can find it a challenge to earn a living on their own. I always wanted to write a book myself, but I have no idea how to get started? So this will benefit others interested as well, so let us explore our options together.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. Gizmos Resources does receive a small commission from some links, but I assure you the majority of the links are to provide you with self-help sources.
Free Software And Tools
Gizmos Resources believes in providing you with the best information, so we will begin with some free book publishing software and tools every writer should know about. One day this is going to be one of the top-rated self-help websites people go to for help, now let us check out some freebies for you.
- Create free book covers with Canva
- Shaxpir is a highly recommended software for writers
- Grammarly is a favorite spelling and grammar tool I use myself to write my articles for you.
- Another option is Pro Writing Aid which is very similar to Grammarly
- For anyone who publishes their book on Amazon, you need a good keyword research tool. Sonar is referred to one of your best ones to consider, and this will cost you nothing to use.
- For easy listing and editing check out KPD Wizard
- The most used resource for e-books goes by the name of Calibre
- Are you using a MAC like the majority of people in the creative field do, Image Optim is the software many MAC users prefer.
- 3d book covers are the most impressive, you can easily create your own with DIY Book Design.
- In need of a Photoshop alternative, I have you covered with GIMP
- eBook publishing software you want to try is the Kindle Create
Now you are off to a good start publishing your own book Business, even more, freebies are waiting for you in the remainder of the Best Free Book Publishing Software. Whenever you are ready just go to my next section, and providing you with worthy information is my priority.
No Experience Guide
How many of you reading this lacks any book writing experience, trust me you are not alone? Even though I have been a freelance writer for many years, I have no experience in writing a book. The information you are about to receive is as important to me as it is for you, maybe one day, I will become brave enough to become a book author too?
- What is your book going to be about is your first step, without a good idea of the topic you are doomed to experience success
- You need to know what each of your chapters are going to be about before even starting to write anything
- Take the time to do enough research, you must know your topic like the back of your hand
- Who is going to be your target audience
- Do you really have a passion to write
It all comes down that you need a good outline to write a book that is going to sell, this you will find will prevent anxiety and frustration. Book writing requires an educational approach, if you lack good research skills this is something you should acquire before going any further.
Book Writing Helpers
Believe me, the best-selling writers don’t create them all on their own. I don’t know any professional authors who do not have people helping them, so who do you need to find before you get started is listed below.
- Writing Coaches
- Project Manager
- PR Support Person
- Content Editor
- Copy Editor
- Proof Reader
- Interior Design Layout Professional
- Cover Designer
- Copy Writer
Before you give up your dream, this is just to give you an idea of what all consists of writing a best-selling book. Ask yourself how many of these can you do on your own, maybe you have writer friends that can help you out? One place you can find answers to this is Writers Forums, and to visit the highest recommended forum for writers use the link I provided you.
For a complete list of your best choices, I have done some research for you. The link in the above paragraph will take you to the very best forum recommended, you might want some other options as well, so here are more you can visit during your free time.
- Absolute Write Water Cooler
- AgentQuery Connect
- Camp NaNoWriMo
- Critique Circle
- Insecure Writers Support Group
- The Next Big Writer
- She Writes
- Writers Helping Writers
Now you have access to a nice variety of good communities for writers, you will more likely want to check some out until you find the best ones for you. Another good resource is Pinterest Boards, so get some inspiration and connect with writers for free using Pinterest.
Book Writing Guide
Some basic steps that you need to know about will keep you on the right track, before you read the steps you should find a personal reason for writing your book. Just like this website, I am motivated by helping people like you with self-help articles. Never just write a book for something to accomplish, many people who do that never finish their goal.
- Complete your first draft
- Manuscript finalizing
- The completion of designing your book cover design
- Finally, the first copy is published
- Your book is available to the public
- The signing of your first book
- You just got your first sale
All of these are awesome accomplishments, what you should consider is treating yourself when each of these happens for real. Make these your goals to work towards, and you will always have something to motivate you to move on to your next step.
Connecting With Writers
Since I am a freelance writer, you can connect with writers very easily by Visiting My Twitter Page. While you are there you will notice many of my followers are promoting their published books, you also will notice there are people following me from a wide variety of topics. Here are some ways you can connect with writers, and forming relationships with them is one of your best resources.
- Search out writers and follow them on social media
- Join Facebook groups
- Follow their boards on Pinterest
- Writers personal blogs
- Writers portfolio websites
- Like and share on social media
- Mentioning them in your posts
- Add them to your favorites
- Communicate with them privately or via posts
You just have read the best social media strategy for any business you might start, I have been using this for many years, and even today it is still the most effective strategy to form relationships. If you visit my social media pages you will find a variety of people following me from all types of careers, so this can work for you as well as it has for me.
Best Blogging Platforms
Freelance writers need to get their name around, so what are the best blogging platforms for authors to accomplish this? That is what is coming up next, you really do need to consider these before you publish your first book. This is something to think about, when I started out I used some of these myself.
Depending on your budget will determine which of these are your best choices, you will find these all are good options to consider. WordPress.com does have a free plan to get you started, you can always upgrade as your blog grows. WordPress.org would be the best choice of them all, but you do need to pay for hosting with a company such as Blue Host. Check them all out is what I recommend, and then make your decision according to what you can afford to invest.
Promote Your Book Free
If you are just getting started promoting your book can be a problem, many new authors just don’t have the funds to pay to promote their first book. What can you do to have people find your publication is what I am going to provide you now, remember these are free with high competition from many authors.
- Good Reads
- Book Talk
- Kindle Boards
- Library Thing
Good Reads is one I would make a priority, even though it has high competition they receive high traffic as well. Even I often visit this website myself browsing the books, so I figure if I do many other book lovers do as well. Remember to post them on social media, and some Facebook groups permit authors to share their books too.
This will complete this article with the better self-publishing companies available, so if you are interested in this you can find out the best ones to check out first. Before you check them out, you might be interested in visiting my other self-help website? Gizmos Deals provides shopping tips and articles to help consumers, but this is not an online store or promotes merchandise.
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
- Apple Books
- Barnes & Noble Press
- Self-Publishing School
That ends today’s self-help article for writers with the goal to be authors, you can share this with any of your friends or family who would benefit from my free resources. I really do appreciate your support, you are what will make this website one of the best.